Monday, November 5, 2012

Giving Thanks Days 3 & 4

Well I already messed up but that's okay I will just do two days again.

I am thankful for the Temple.

Obviously there are many ways that I have been blessed by the temple. I have been endowed and sealed to my husband and family forever. These are such great blessings all by themselves. I couldn't ask for any greater blessing. Despite that I still receive many other blessing form the temple. Whenever I go ,no matter what mood I was in when I went I come out feeling better. I always feel peace, love and comfort when I am there and when I come with questions I always leave with answers.

On the day of the shooting in Colorado I had a feeling of dread all day long. I knew that it was kind of silly but I couldn't help but think about easily our lives can be taken from us. I thought about all those innocent people died. I became scared as I thought about the world my children will have to grow up. My childhood seems so safe and carefree, and I wondered it I would be able to give my children the same thing.

Eric and I went to the temple that same night. I went thinking about the same things but as soon as I walked in I felt comfort. I immediately knew that everything was going to be alright. I knew that Heavenly Fathers plan is perfect. I knew that even though bad things happen there are still good people in the world.

I left the temple feeling happy and comforted, knowing that my Heavenly Father loved me.

I am blessed by an all knowing Heavenly Father.

There have been many times when I have had good goals and for whatever reason my path was turned away for those goals. At first I was always confused looking back and thinking what did I do wrong. Only after I would be able to look back and see that my Heavenly Father did know better than me. I can know see why. I am so happy that I was lead away from those things that I thought were good and lead to those thing that Heavenly Father knew where better.

In high school I had planned to serve a mission. As I neared the age of 21 I began to pray about going on  mission. As I prayed I got the feeling that a mission was not right for me. I was slightly confused but knew that by not going on  mission I was making the right choice. At the time I thought it was because I was suppose to finish school. I decided to continue with school and pray again when I was done. The next semester I met Eric. I now know that I didn't go on a mission because of timing. If I had gone I never would have met Eric.

There are many other times were my Heavenly Father has blessed me through his knowledge. Probably a lot more than I actually know.

I am so grateful for Temple and a loving, all knowing Heavenly Father. Both have blessed me life greatly, probably in more way than I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment