Monday, May 7, 2012

Help

I need some major help with dinner, so if any of you lovely women (or handsome men) have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Problem Number 1

Ever since Eric and I got married I have enjoyed cooking but seems that we got stuck in a rut and have the same 7 or 8 things over and over again. If any of you have any recipes you just love, know of a good cookbook, or have great ideas for finding recipes, I would love it if you shared.

Problem Number 2

Now that I am working, I don't get home until 6 and I don't want to spend a lot of time making dinner because we are both pretty hungry already. I have a couple of quick dinners but we are starting to get tired of them. What are your suggestions for making dinner when you get home late? What works for you I have a couple of ideas, like making it before I leave and putting it in the oven when I get home, but I wouldn't say no to more idea.

Please Help!

3 comments:

  1. Pinterest has a TON of wonderful recipes and throw some stuff in a crock pot before you go to work and it's done before you get home, then you have leftovers and can eat those as well. We had the same problem. Also, I really like the "Cookbook for Two" it's a mormon one and it has some great stuff in it. And also the other LDS cookbook that's the "secret recipes" one. I also have a copy cat Cafe Rio Pork recipe that I think I posted on my blog that's an easy crock pot one and we froze the leftovers because we used two pork roasts because we cooked for some family as well and we had that forever! It's great in sandwiches and tortillas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Justine! I also have a ton of recipes that I think you might enjoy. I completely understand your predicament, and it's nice to get some ideas from other people. What is your email address? You can send me a message via Face Book and I will send you some of my tried & true recipes. Love & Miss you guys (It's your favorite aunt, in case you didn't know who this was ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get in the same rut often. I try to get lots of new ones from people in the ward and my mom and mother in law. I don't know what meals you make but I agree that crockpot meals are amazing... I don't have a ton, but I can send you some if you'd like. But we like breakfast foods, and ham fried rice, and chicken alfredo, all which don't take a lot of time and are super easy. Soups are really nice, but since it's coming on summer you may not want something that hot. In the summer time we do things like chicken salad sandwiches and sloppy joes and pasta salad. Anyway, I also recently got Our Best Bites cookbook which I LOVE, although some of the recipes do take a little time.

    ReplyDelete