Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New Job

I worked at DownEast for almost a year, but in November 2011 I quit. For the most part it was a very good job. I loved what I did and I loved the people that I worked with. For most of the time I worked at the Layton Hills Mall, but when Eric and I got married I transferred to the Gateway mall.

After about a month of working there Eric and I both knew that something needed to changed. I was working mostly nights and I worked every Friday and Saturday night. Working nights wasn't that different before, but that was before I was married and nights weren't the only time I had to spend with my husband. I literally worked every Friday and Saturday night. I knew that I would have to work some I was even prepared to work one weekend night a week. I thought that was reasonable, but that wasn't how it worked. The problem soon became that Eric and I didn't really get to spend time with each other, and we had a big decision to make.

We knew something needed to change but we weren't sure what. We fasted and prayed about this decision. Our options were for me to talk to my manager about the problem, stay at that job until I found a new job, or just quit. The answer we got was just to quit. It was very hard for me to do, but I felt good about it and I knew that it was what I was suppose to do.

4 months later I have a new job that is going to be so much better for me and for Eric. I now work for a law firm called Jones Waldo. I will be a law librarian. The thing I'm most excited for is I have a set schedule. I know exactly when I will be at work. I don't have to say, "I don't know, I don't have my schedule yet." I don't know many people yet, but the people I do know seem really nice, and my boss seems very understanding when it comes to school schedules.

I've been in to fill out my paper work and for some training. My first real day is next Monday. I'm am so excited to start at my new job and for the new responsibilities. I know that this job will be so good for me and some much better for me family.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Justine :) You make me happy! Congrats on the new job and I'm glad things seem to be going so well for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great about your new job! That is exactly how I felt when I worked at Walmart for a few months before Julie was born... I felt like Arek and I never saw each other because he worked days and I mainly worked until 11 pm. So that was no good... I'm glad you got something that has set hours. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete