Friday, November 2, 2012

Giving Thanks

I know that for November a lot of people rite something they are thankful for there status everyday. I thought instead of putting it on facebook I would try write a post about something I am thankful for or about a way that I have been blessed. I don't know how well it will work because I'm not the most reliable blogger, but I will give it a shot. Today I will write about two since I didn't do it yesterday.

I am thankful for a husband who know my limits and tells me it is okay.

At our apartment complex the pass around signs that say trick-or-treaters welcome, because we live where there are a lot of international students who may not celebrate or understand Halloween. We of course put up our sign. I was so excited to pass out candy to the adorable kids in our apartment complex. At about  8:30 the trick-or-treaters stopped, but at 9 they started again. These were different though. They weren't cute little kids in absolutely adorable costumes, they were teenagers and adults who kind off, but not really had costumes. I slowly became irritated. I'm blessed with and thankful for a husband who knew me well enough to know it was bugging me, and who let me know that it was okay to take down our sign.

I am thankful for prayer.

I am so thankful that I can prayer to loving Heavenly Father and express every concern or desire I have. I am so happy to know that he know exactly what I mean even when I don't express myself well. I've always had a hard time putting my feelings into words. I'm also grateful my prayers are answered.

When I was nine or ten years old I was driving home with my dad. For whatever reason the gas light didn't come on and we ran out of gas on the freeway at night. We were about 10 miles from home. My dad sat there for a second thinking and then said well I guess we're walking. As we got out of the car I said a silent pray in my heart. I don't remember the exact words, but I know that I prayed that we would get home safely. We hadn't been walking very long when a car pulled over and asked us if that was our truck pulled over. We said yes. They asked us were we going. We told them Layton. They said that they were going there and that they would give us a ride. We gratefully got into there car. After talking for a little while we found out that on of the passengers went to high school with my aunt.

My prayer was answered. Not only did make it home safely, we need to walk, and we were blessed to be picked up by people who we a connection with. When we got home my dad told me to remember to thank Heavenly Father for getting us home safely.

I'm also thankful that through prayer I can let my Heavenly Father know how grateful I am for everything that he does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment